Thursday, October 25, 2012

Songs that relate to people or moments in life

We all have songs that remind us of moments we wish we could live over and over again or in the worst case scenario, songs we wish we could erase from every radio stations playlist!  Here is a select few of the many songs that will forever be apart of who I am and make up the soundtrack to my life.

“When You Walked Into My Life” – Lila McCann


This song reminds me of my grandad.  When I was dealing with his passing this was the song that was on repeat on my iPod.  To this day I cannot listen to this song without seeing his face and shedding a tear.

"I've Never Been to Me" – Charlene


Besides being the opening song to one of the best films of all time “Priscilla Queen of the Desert,” this song also reminds me of my nana. I used to listen to it and relate it to her being to many places and having various experiences during her life before she died.

“I shot the sheriff” – Bob Marley


This song takes me back to the year 2003 on our groups schoolies trip to Tinaroo.  My best friend Kourt sung along to this like her life depended on it and ever since I cannot listen to it, hear about it, or be reminded of it in any form without thinking of her and that time in our lives.

“Ute Me” – Lee Kernaghan


This song reminds me of my longest and dearest friend Maria.  It brings a smile to my face and reminds me of a lazy afternoon mission to take Christmas photos of my nephew puppy Turbo complete with a reindeer headband and tinsel.  It was interesting to say the least, but will forever be stuck with me when I hear this song.  Ultimately it just reminds me how lucky I am to have met one of my favourite people in the world.

"Betcha by golly wow" - Prince


And lastly, whether it be this song or any song sung by the legend that is Prince, I am always reminded of the most important person in my life, my father.  A love of Prince music is something we have always shared and will forever continue to share.   

Join in the fun and share the songs from your life soundtrack.  Please leave your life songs in the comments section below.

1 comment:

  1. Riversid, tonight gunna be a goodnight and bonkers reminds me of great dancing night with my besties

    ReplyDelete