Tuesday, July 24, 2012

50 Shades of Grey - Totally Hooked

For the past week I have joined many women all over the world and surrendered myself to the world of 50 Shades of Grey. The long weekend just gone, found me constantly embracing the words of one of the three E. L. James books and it was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. Oh, the power of a great story playing out in your mind. 

This trilogy has been on the mouths of many for quite some time now, but after reading this book review by Kristy Berridge, I went out and got my very own copy! I was hooked from the first words in chapter one. It is addictive and as the curiosity builds with every page, your heart goes giddy-up and you find yourself romanticizing the “shades of fucked up” Christen Grey in this incredibly erotic tale of emotional scars and surrendering to feelings of passionate love.

Now I am more than half way through the third and final book and I find myself dreading the final words. Although I have no doubt that the ending will tie together nicely, it will be a less satisfying end to a work day or capture of a weekend. I'm trying to pace myself to prolong the end, but as per the other two books I cannot put it down. The only soften to the blow is knowing that a movie is in the works. Many women all over the world have had their imaginations invaded with images of Christian Grey and his controlling ways.

A lot of names are flying around as to who will play Ana Steele and Christian Grey, but I believe I haven’t found anything official in my browsing. Matt Bomer is my Christian. He’s undeniably handsome and brooding and has a lost and broken quality in his eyes that you just want to lose yourself in. Alexis Bledel is my idea of Ana. She is incredibly beautiful, but by the same token naive to it. Who do you envision when you lose yourself in the 50 Shades series? 

Leave a comment with your answers and let us know your thoughts on the 50 Shades Trilogy.

I will leave you with a synopsis for 50 Shades of Grey to ensure that any of you out there who haven’t read it, WILL.  Laters :D

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.



Bring your shady fantasies to life, by checking out our available toys here.

16 comments:

  1. I have no idea who Ana should play, but I'd always pictured Alex Pettifer (don't know if I spelled that right) to play Christian Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait for the movie!! I agree with your chosen actors!-Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the books as well! I actually like Ian Somerhalder but Matt looks good as Christian too. I agree with Alexis Bledel. But Christian is blonde right?

    I can't wait to see the movie. - Dianne ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pictured Christian as dark featured. I always saw Matt Bomer from the start as he was my idea as handsome :) But there are so many names out there that I can see others views as well. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Ian Somerhalder has finally responded to rumors that he's a favorite to play Christian Grey's role in the 50 Shdes of Grey Movie

    ReplyDelete